Apia is an opinionated framework for building HTTP APIs into a Ruby application. By following a strict approach to crafting your endpoints, Apia is able to generate a consistent schema describing every aspect of the API and thus can generate detailed and easy to use documentation for end users.
Why should I use Apia?
- Clear and easy to understand DSL for implementing all aspects of the API.
- Provide auto generated schemas describing your API.
- Documentation can be generated automatically.
Key components of Apia
- Apia - the framework for actually writing and serving APIs.
- Apia Docs Generator - a utility for converting a Apia schema JSON file into beautiful interactive documentation.
- Apia Schema Parser - a utility to parse an Apia schema in Ruby
- Apia Insomnia - an extension to generate schema files compatible with Insomnia.
What do the docs look like?
There's even a dark mode!